Talent Development and Succession Management
A special Pre-conference Workshop with William J Rothwell.
For the first time in India. By invitation only.
One of the biggest challenges for effective talent management lies in being able to identify and develop a strong succession line. However, organisations often fail to recognise the strategic importance of creating robust development plans with a clear focus on developing future leaders. Also, in many organisations, the processes of talent development and of succession management operate in silos.
Thus, organisations face a major crisis as senior leaders retire or resign. Moreover, the cost of not having succession plans for the many organisational layers below top-management goes unnoticed.
So how can organisations become more proactive in planning for their future? How can business managers and HR/OD professionals be better equipped to develop and manage succession plans? How can talent development and succession management be aligned and made mutually reinforcing?
The Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) and Transcendence 2019 is proud to bring an exclusive opportunity to interact with William J Rothwell in a one-day, pre-conference workshop — for the first time in India.
The workshop will address key issues in Replacement Planning, Competency Modeling, Talent Development and Succession Management.
William (Bill) Rothwell (Ph.D., SPHR, SHRM-SCP, RODC, CPLP Fellow) is a thought leader and Guru in Human Resources and Organisation Development. He has published over 110 books and 150 articles. He heads the post-graduate program in OD & Change at the Pennsylvania State University.
Date and Venue
December 11, 2019
Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai
Experienced professionals in HR, OD and general management.
- Participants admitted to the workshop will be assigned about 100 pages of study material which will require about 3 to 5 hours of advance preparation.
- There will be an assessment at the workshop.
Admission Process, Fees & Terms
- Participation is by invitation only.
- Preference will be given to professionals in managerial/leadership positions in HR, OD and general management.
- Organisations that wish to nominate their professionals may please request an invitation by filling the adjoining form. Individuals may also apply.
- To understand nominee/participant profiles, we will contact every organisation/individual that makes a request for an invitation.
- Thereafter, an email invitation will be sent to those whose requests are accepted. These emails will contain an OTP and link to pay the fees and register for the Workshop.
- The fees per participant will be Rs.16,949 plus GST of Rs.3051 i.e. a total of Rs.20,000/- only.
- Fees will cover workshop material, lunch and refreshments.
- The preparatory reading material and other details will be sent to participants in the first week of December 2019, after admissions have closed.
- Registrations are not transferable.
- Admission to this pre-conference workshop is only for December 11, 2019. It will not constitute admission to the conference. Those who wish to attend the conference (December 12-14) may please apply separately to the conference.
The Certificate of Participation will be issued by William J Rothwell and TISS.